– You control food, it doesn’t control you. It has no feeling, it’s not out to get you. It doesn’t sabotage your efforts. Get over it.
– You can overcome emotional food issues. It starts with accepting the statement above.
– You can still have your cake and eat it. It is far better to go to the store and buy one cupcake every couple of months instead of home-baking a whole dozen for the same price. You don’t need a whole dozen of anything. Get over it. Well except maybe shoes.
– You can live without mac & cheese. In fact you’ll likely live a lot longer without it.
– Healthy fat won’t make you fat.
– It takes about two weeks to get over sugar cravings once you relinquish your strong hold on sugar. Try it. You’ll see.
– You can always find an excuse or justification for eating poorly, don’t kid yourself in to thinking they are legit.
– It takes minimal planning to make sure you purchase what you need to make great, simple meals all week. Failing to plan = planning to fail.
– There is not one thing that you can put in your mouth that will make your emotions feel better so H.A.L.T. first. Hurt. Angry. Lonely. Tired. Identify if you are truly hungry or just messing around with a cover-up of one of the other emotions.
– Remember, that fork doesn’t get up off of that plate and fly in your mouth. YOU put it there.
– Water. Sometimes you just think you are hungry. Hydrate instead.